coil question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: coil question
From: "Philip E. Barnes" <peb3@cornell.edu>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 08:33:08 -0400
A general question about ignition coils: I have noticed that the coil
gets too hot to touch after running for a while. Is this normal? I
have a Lucas Sport coil on my TR6 and am attempting to track down
some rough running after the car has been driven for a while. It
appears to run OK after it's warmed up in the garage. Cap, rotor,
points/condensor are all new and the carbs look good.

Any opinions or suggestions are appreciated.
--
Phil Barnes (peb3@cornell.edu)
'71 TR6  CC61193L (28 year owner)