Re: Finsihing a walnut dash board

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Finsihing a walnut dash board
From: "Terry Smith" <terryrs@adelphia.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 11:43:22 -0400
>I am trying to get a nice finish on a walnut dashboard.
> Yesterday I applied three coats of Miniwax High Gloss Clear Quick Drying
> polyurethne, with a small foam rubber brush.
> Th finish is too uneven
> I can easily sand it out and start all over again. or just rub down the
> high
> spots in the finish.
> I was thinking of trying something in a spray can.
>
> Suggestions?
>
> David Oliner

Dave,

There are many different finishes to choose from.  The one some of us like
best is Tung Oil.  It rubs in, protects, brings out the grain, and doesn't
bubble.  However, if you're dead set on a poly product, I think Minwax has a
rub in polyurethane.

Terry Smith
'59 TR3A  (Body still off, rest mostly done.)
New Hampshire