RE: TR4 Brake light switch

To: "'Frank & Sandy Crowe'" <thecrowes@hotmail.com>, <ecamardella@cusd.net>,
Subject: RE: TR4 Brake light switch
From: "Bill Davies" <bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 20:54:43 +0100

Not exactly a shared experience, but one of the caveats of silicone fluid is
it's ability to seek and find leaks which wouldn't be apparent with mineral
fluid. I would have to give serious thought to using silicone fluid where
there was any perceived imperfection in a cylinder bore, but then I wouldn't
want imperfect bores in my braking system in any case.
On the other hand, I've had exactly the same failure mode on old brake light
switches which had only ever been exposed to mineral fluid, but these were
probably the original switches which were 30+ years old.
Cheers,
Bill.

Rarebits4classics

PO Box 1232