Re: Scam Warning

To: "Alvin Watkins" <Krssamw@omh.state.ny.us>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Scam Warning
From: "Allen Brenden" <allen.brenden@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 13:10:37 -0700
Be warned that there's a new eBay scam operating. I received an email,
supposedly from eBay, stating that I had been outbid on an article, with a
button therein to jump to that auction. It looked very, very real and I
clicked the button. It took me to an Ebay login screen, which was a little
suspicious, as I was already logged into eBay. I didn't enter any info and
forwarded the email to Ebay. It was a scam alright. But it looked very much
like a genuine eBay login.

For eBay forward suspicious email to spoof@ebay.com and for PayPal
spoof@paypal.com

The crooks are getting smarter these days.

Allen Brenden
Lynnwood, WA USA

Outgoing mail scanned with Norton AntiVirus