RE: Seat Recovering

To: "Terry Smith" <terryrs@adelphia.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Seat Recovering
From: "Jim Bauder" <jimbpps@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 08:02:24 -0700
Terry,

When I restored the seats in my TR3 I found that the original wood strips
were completely shot. I replaced them with some strips I cut out of a piece
of 3/16" plywood that I had lying around. I cross-cut the strips about 1/2
way through the thickness of the plywood so that I could bend it without it
breaking and them used pop rivets it to fasten it to the seat pans. I used
blue steel carpet tacks to hold the seat kit in place just as the original
was.

The results were outstanding!! This was about 5 years ago and they are still
perfect!

Jim
Jim Bauder
'68 TR250, CD47L
TR web site: http://www.triumphowners.com/647
(Coming home from the body shop Saturday!!)
Scottsdale, AZ