RE: TR3A Minutia

To: "Geo Hahn" <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>, "TR"
Subject: RE: TR3A Minutia
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 16:44:50 -0700
> The eight screws that hold the front grille to the apron -- what should
> they look like?  Oval-headed sheet metal screws seem most likely but
> would they be 'straight' or 'phillips'?

The SPC lists them as P/N YZ3364, which according to the hardware catalogue
would be a "Cross recess A type" (ie Phillips drive) "Oval countersunk head" #6
"self tapping" (ie sheet metal) screw, 1/2" long.

My Home Depot had them in stainless steel.

> Sorry, I don't remember the real name for a screwhead that is not a
> phillips.

There's a bunch of them.  McMaster-Carr lists a dozen different drive styles,
times 15 different head shapes ... and still doesn't list Pozidrive !

You're probably looking for "slotted".

Randall