GT6 Hot Box? You weren't kidding!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: GT6 Hot Box? You weren't kidding!
From: "Edward Anderson" <eandy01@tcnmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 16:26:58 -0700 (PDT)
Hi,
 Oh yes summer heat and LBCs. Since I've not had my Tr on the road yet I
can only reflect on my Healey days. My daily driver had none of the
original heat shields intact and I cooked too. It was meant to have the
rigid asbestos board covering most of the firewall and another piece
screwed to the underside of the floorboard above the muffler. It would
have no doubt made all the difference. It's not TR issue but I'm not into
showing or concourse original. So when I do get to rebuilding mine I'll
not be shy in adding those xtra insulation areas to mine. FWIW And
remembering to plug all unused holes in firewall won't hurt either.
Ed 58 3a