Wheel identification - 456866

To: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Wheel identification - 456866
From: "Bill Davies" <bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2005 17:29:51 +0100
I have a number of 15" wheels which I had planned to use on our 1968 Triumph
2000 Saloon (sedan). I thought I had four identical wheels, which would have
left me looking for a single spare, however now that the old tyres are
stripped, I find that three of them measure approximately 5" in width across
the outside edge of the rim, while the fourth wheel measures 6". All of
these wheels have the same appearance with a continuous line of holes around
the outside of the hubcap position, the hubcap itself retained by three
pegs. The narrower wheels are stamped with part number 456866.
In short, where do my wheels come from? I was originally told that all four
came from a TR4, I have my doubts about this, but few references with part
numbers,
Cheers,
Bill.

Rarebits4classics