RE: TR6 Brakes - Bleed Problem

To: "Ray Tedder" <rtedder101@cox.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR6 Brakes - Bleed Problem
From: "Scott Suhring" <suhringtr36@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2005 21:34:14 -0400
Not exactly, but when I recently rebuilt my '70 TR6 brake MC, I did not
flush out the lines but obviously replaced the fluid in the MC.  When I went
to bleed the rear brakes, I got very little fluid to flow through the line
and what seemed like lots of air.  After multiple tries using miti-vac
(sp?), I called a friend over to give a look and possibly go back to the old
and tested two person method.  We tested each of the brakes by trying to
manually turn the wheels while applying the brake and low and behold, they
were fine.  I have had no problems with them since.  Still not sure why the
MV didn't seem to work right, but the brakes are fine.

Scott Suhring
Mechanicsburg, PA
'70 TR6
'59 TR3