RE: Spit Running Problem - Help!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Spit Running Problem - Help!
From: Jim Sneddon <jsneddon@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 14:44:32 -0700
OK - I'll try to take the prize for asking a very silly question:

Are you ABSOLUTELY sure that the spark plug wires are connected to the
correct cylinders ???

I beat my head against a wall for 3 months with a TR3 engine with no balls
at all. It seemed to run OK but it just had no power at all and it
overheated. I tried timing, carbs, compression, etc etc etc.....

Turned out I had two spark plug wires switched.

Or... if that doesn't pan out...

Any chance that they got your rebuild 180" out ???