Re: Spit Running Problem - Help!

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Spit Running Problem - Help!
From: "Terry Smith" <terryrs@adelphia.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 18:26:14 -0400
> When I would try to
> set the mixture, no matter what I did, the front carb seemed to be spewing
> fuel and the rear had very little.  I checked the bowls and there was an
> equal amount of fuel in each.

Randy, I had a similar problem in my '70 Datsun 2000 Roadster.  What finally
solved it was taking the bowls' fuel valves completely out.  Put your mouth
on the fuel inlet, and blow while lifting the float.  You should be able to
pass air through the valve until the float cuts it off.  I found a piece of
broke-off rubber fuel line or gas tank rust in my valve.  When I cleared
that, it ran like a charm.  Gas may still be getting through to fill your
bowl, but under a load you wouldn't be getting enough to power those two
cylinders.