Re: Spit Running Problem - Help!

To: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Spit Running Problem - Help!
From: Steven Newell <steven@newellboys.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 21:43:16 -0600
Randy Joles wrote:

>> that it was difficult to get to speed on flat roads... ...It had NO
>> power going up hills but would pull OK on flat roads.  Then it got to
>> the point

I missed the first posting, but on my '66 Volvo 122S wagon this is a
sign that the fuel filter is full of tiny rusty dreck and I need to swap
it out. Just happened on the way to Vail this weekend, going up a hill
that east coast Triumph owners will remember if they drove out for the
VTR in Breck a couple years ago. I had a fuel filter in the spare tire
well so it was a quick fix, though I should have checked before the
trip. Anyway, fuel starvation sounds like a really good guess to me.

Of course, even with a clean fuel filter a loaded B18-engined Volvo
wagon still doesn't have much power going up those mountains. We were in
2nd gear coming back up Vail pass. I wonder if a Honda S2000 engine
would fit in the old wagon?

Steven Newell
Littleton, CO USA
'62 TR4 x 2 etc.