Re: TR6/250 water temp sending uints

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6/250 water temp sending uints
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@razzolink.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 08:12:39 -0700
>> Does anyone the differences between a TR6 and a TR250 water temperature
>> sending unit?

> I don't know if there is any difference but I would be mildly surprised
> if there was any.

Moss lists them under different part numbers so I assume there is a
difference.  I'm curious as to what it is.

> But all the TR4 - 6 gauges require the use of a
> voltage stabilizer.

I have one of those, along with a TR6/GT6 gauge in the Land Rover
watching over the water temperature in a Ford 302 (How's that for a
mixture).  Ideally I would like to gauge to read just a tad lower so the
needle was centered when the 180 degree thermostat opened.

I'm replacing the intake manifold and thought it would be easier to
install a new sender unit then to remove one that has been in place for
the last 7 years.

TeriAnn