Re: Something you don't see everyday

To: Jim Muller <jimmuller@pop.mail.rcn.net>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Something you don't see everyday
From: Raymond Hatfield <iron_horse819@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 07:36:11 -0700 (PDT)
--- Jim Muller <jimmuller@pop.mail.rcn.net> wrote:

> A replica, whether authorized or not I couldn't say, has been banging
> around our neighbor for many years.  I remember seeing others too in
> different places.  "They" must have made a bunch of 'em way back
> then, well before the recent movie was every dreamed of.

A lot of people have tried to copy the General Lee, even Kenney Wayne Shepard
had one built - but this one matched the one in the new movie, which used
different wheels (at a minimum) than the TV series Lee - plus it had that 'just
built' look - most probably a show car circuit model - like the TR6 on the rack
with it.  Speaking of 'Dukes' and TRs, did you know that while they were
filming the series John Schneider (Bo) had a TR6 as his daily driver?

Raymond L. Hatfield
'65 TR4A IRS, O/D, SAH Tuned "Chance"
'73 Stag 4.3L, Auto, A/C, etc "Molly"
Little Rock, AR