A new Triumph

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: A new Triumph
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 12:56:09 +0100
Dear All,

With a Herald Saloon stuck in restoration for the past two years, a
Spitfire with an MOT failure, and a Herald Convertible needing a bit of
off-season TLC, it was clearly time to look for another car for the
winter.   I had intended to buy just any old rubbish with a six-month
MOT (Allegro, Ital, Maestro, BMW, MGB, something like that), but then I
spotted an advert for an Acclaim...

To cut a long story short, I have just placed a deposit on a
completely-original 1984 B-reg Triumph Acclaim CD, only 40000 on the
clock, finished in metallic gold, with beige interior (mmm, stylish!).
The car was first registered on 25th October, 1984, which must surely
make it one of the last Acclaims ever sold.   She needs a little bit of
cosmetic work, but is absolutely solid, and for the most part looks like
a brand new car.   In TSSC terms she is a solid "A1+".   She drives
beautifully, although the steering seems a little stiff - which is
probably nothing more than low pressure in the tyres.   I shall be
collecting her as soon as she goes through the MOT.

I don't have a chassis number yet, but can anyone tell me the last
chassis number for an Acclaim?

And the correct name for the gold paint colour?

Is there a "Collectors' and Restorers' Guide" for these things yet?

Is there an Acclaim Register?

Where is the best place in UK to get spares for Acclaims?

ATB
--
Mike
Ellie  - 1963 White Triumph Herald 1200 Convertible GA125624 CV