TR3A Alternator conversion

To: "triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3A Alternator conversion
From: Kevin Thompson <kthompson@whoi.edu>
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 06:57:41 -0500
Greetings folks,
     While assembling my restoration parts lists and deciding to go with
a Dan Masters wiring harness, I'm also upgrading the alternator to a
Delco 7127 unit, as suggested. I'm wondering if there is a definitive
answer on where to source things like the best mounting arrangement,
where to buy a pulley, belt (and the sizes), etc. Cost is certainly a
factor, but reliability is also a concern, hence the upgrade in the
first place.....I seem to be finding conflicting information and wanted
to sort it out..
  Thanks for any help, and Merry Christmas to you all.
Kevin T
Cape Cod, Ma.
'59 TR3A --- cardboard box queen
'76 TR6
   PS  Thank you, F.T. for the DM url you sent me....

===     http://www.vtr.org