RE: TR3A Alternator conversion

To: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3A Alternator conversion
From: "Anthony Rhodes" <spamiam@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 09:26:14 -0500
I believe that Triumph Rescue (www.triumphrescue.com) assembles conversion
kits.

I believe that you use a Delco 10SI alternator,  I think that the connectors
are supposed to be at the "3 o'clock" position.  You probably have to test fit
the alternator and grind down the mounting lug a little to get the pulley in
line with the  fan pulley.  I am pretty sure all the rest of the stuff will
work as is.

Do consider your wiring, and its response to a potential 65 amps of load to
recharge a somewhat discharged  battery.

My website has some articles wrote that might be interesting at

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/rhodes/

-Tony

===     http://www.vtr.org