Re: TR6 Fuel pump

To: cairnsbk@sbcglobal.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 Fuel pump
From: BearTranserv@aol.com
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 16:00:50 EST
In a message dated 12/20/2005 9:14:57 A.M. Mountain Standard Time,
cairnsbk@sbcglobal.net writes:

Someone  recommended a Facet solid
-state pump to replace the old Lucas one but a  mechanic friend said not to,
as
the solid -state pumps sound like a .30 cal  machine gun rat-a-tat-tatting.
Any  thoughts?

Bruce

I suggest you mount it on a rubber block or washers to  isolate it from the
body, and you shouldn't be able to hear it over the rest of  the engine noises.

Robert B.  Houston
Texan in New Mexico

63 TR4
73 MG Midget
94  F150

To model our political system upon speculations of  lasting tranquility, is
to calculate on the weaker springs of the human  character.
---Alexander  Hamilton

===     http://www.vtr.org