RE: [TR] converting a TR3 to dual circuit brakes

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] converting a TR3 to dual circuit brakes
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 16:42:55 -0700
> Has anyone ever converted a TR3 to dual circuit brakes?  If it
> was successful,
> and beneficial I'd like to hear about it...........

I haven't, yet, but there are several people selling kits to do it.
Revington TR sells one (but it's not cheap) :
http://makeashorterlink.com/?D4761243D

The benefit comes when you have a hydraulic problem that disables part of
the brake hydraulic system.  I lost a TR3A that way, once.

One of my "back burner" projects is to design a conversion that doesn't
require modifying the firewall area, using a dual MC rather than the twin
singles that the factory design used.  Although there are advantages to
using twin singles (mostly for racing), I would rather not have to cut up
the car.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org