[TR] Options for adding a third brake light on a TR4

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Options for adding a third brake light on a TR4
From: "Chris Simonsen" <ccsimonsen@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2006 13:26:10 -0400
Hello all.  I could use your help and am seeking the collective wisdom of
the list.

Been seeing alot of accidents - actually the aftermath of several accidents.

Most seem to be where a car was rear ended.

Making me think about adding a third brake light to the TR4.  I'm sure
others have already done this.

I had a Jeep spare tire mount that had a brake light on it, so I cut it off
to try to see if I could come up with a reasonably good solution.

I put them on a blog at http://www.projectsgardentriumph.blogspot.com/

I have a luggage rack and it limits some of my options.

Mounting below the bumper is less intrusive - but also less likely to be
seen.  Mounting above the trunk line sets the height of the light similar to
other cars - but it sticks up like a pimple.....

Anyone got better ideas here?

Thanks!!!!!!

Chris

===     http://www.vtr.org