[TR] TR3A Vacuum Advance Connection

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] TR3A Vacuum Advance Connection
From: "Terry Smith" <terryrs@adelphia.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2006 14:29:40 -0400
Hello, everyone.

As I looked to hook up the vacuum advance on my '59 TR3A, I find no place to
connect it to at the carburetor end.  The Moss diagram on page 25 of ther
catalog shows a "union" that goes on the front carb underneath near the bolt
base.  This part number--371-100--is listed as NA.  My carb has a flat bolt
there with no connector.  Come to think of it, I did have a bag of parts from
when I picked the car up in the shed where it had been stored for 30 years,
and there were some vacuum hoses loose there, but none attached when I
dismantled the car.

Is the vacuum advance is supposed to connect under the front carb?

Uhm, but when I look at page 84 of the Moss catalog at the distributor
diagram, I see two chjoices for vacuum line for the non-rubber vaccuum advance
model I have, and one of these shows a vacuum line adaptor, part number
378-240, which is available, but doesn't show where on the carbs that it hooks
up to.

Help!  I'm operating in a vacuum!

Terry Smith
New Hampshire