[TR] Re: Bakelite - best glue?

To: grandfatherjim@gmail.com
Subject: [TR] Re: Bakelite - best glue?
From: ScharfR@aol.com
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 20:47:31 EDT
Jim:

In my experience, JB Weld is the ideal candidate. I've just repaired a
regulator cover and the bond is strong and nearly invisible. To add a coat of
perfection, I scuffed the whole part with 0000 steel wool and painted it with
Rust-O-leum Satin Black. Looks better than new and the paint should also be
sunlight resistant, especially given the amount of exposure most of our cars
get
(and even for those which are daily drivers!).

Bob Sharp
Michigan
64-ish TR4

In a message dated 7/3/2006 1:58:37 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,