RE: [TR] Removing front lower wishbone

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] Removing front lower wishbone
From: "triumphtr2" <triumphtr2@hughes.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 20:38:21 -0400
Thanks Randall - It's certainly possible there is some frame damage
(there are scars), but thankfully the fulcrum pin has no movement!

I'll try loosening the steering box per the suggestions and also look
into removing it entirely to rebuild, although at this point I hadn't
planned on it, not really knowing what's involved in rebuilding it. What
parts are likely to need replacing, and how involved is the rebuilding
process?

Thanks again,

Cameron Joyce
'59 TR3A

Randall wrote:

>Is it possible you have undetected frame damage ?

>> Is the lower fulcrum pin one piece, and if so, would I be able to tap
it
>> through towards the rear enough to free the front wishbone arm?

>It's welded to the frame ... if it will move at all then you are in for
a >much
>bigger repair than you had planned.

>I would suggest that now is a perfect time to remove & rebuild the box.
It >made a world of difference in how my car steered ... made me wonder
why I >hadn't done it years before !  And since I didn't replace the
worm or >bearings, the cost was very minimal.

===     http://www.vtr.org