[TR] Removing front lower wishbone

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Removing front lower wishbone
From: "triumphtr2" <triumphtr2@hughes.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 18:36:32 -0400
I'm in the process of replacing the springs, shocks, bushings and
repainting the 3A suspension, and have all of the driver's side off with
the exception of the front lower wishbone arm - It won't clear the drop
arm/rocker shaft. I removed the drop arm nut, but still too small a gap
to wiggle the end of the wishbone arm through (maybe with some force,
but I'm concerned about damaging the threads on the fulcrum pin and/or
the rocker shaft). The need to remove the steering isn't mentioned the
service manual. Is there another way to do this? If not, how much more
of the steering has to be removed?

Is the lower fulcrum pin one piece, and if so, would I be able to tap it
through towards the rear enough to free the front wishbone arm?

TIA

Cameron Joyce
'59 TR3A

===     http://www.vtr.org