RE: [TR] TR4A Trailing Arm bushing Assembly Question

To: "Greg Donegan" <tr6greg@fuse.net>,
Subject: RE: [TR] TR4A Trailing Arm bushing Assembly Question
From: "Dave Connitt" <dconnitt@fuse.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 21:06:09 -0400
Chris,
Thanks for the information. I was planning on adding a zerk fitting to the
swing arm where the bushing sits to force lubrication in between the bushing
and the arm. Sounds like that won't do much good from you description of how
the urethane bushings work. I am kind of leary of using a bolt with a
lubrication path drilled into it in such a critical location.
You are correct in the description of my bushings. The bushing is actually
two halves with a metal tube inserted in the middle.
I wonder if I could drill a hole through the two bushing halves at the point
where they touch in the middle which would be at right angles to the metal
tube. I could then add a zerk fitting to the arm that will hopefully match
up to the hole in the bushing. That would provide a grease "path" down to
the metal tube at least. From there, it could hopefully travel along the
tube to both ends.
What do you guys think?
Dave

===     http://www.vtr.org