[TR] Transporting a TR3A

To: "Triumph TR3A" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Transporting a TR3A
From: "Francis P. Gowash" <fpgowash@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 14:32:23 -0400
Hi

I have acquired a 16 ft, 2 axel car transporter (open flatbed, full planked
floor) and am in need of some detailed info about the best method of holding
the car in place. This seems like a no brainer but as of right now both
myself and the trailer dealer are uncertain as to how to do it. There are
minimal clearances for straps and the angle to run them at etc. is
problematic. I also don't look forward to a contortionist act trying to
crawl around once the car is on the trailer. What about wheel harnesses? Is
there enough clearance for the ratchet device etc? I will have recessed
D-rings installed once I determine where. This list has provided great info
and I am sure that many of you know specifically how to best do this.

Thanks, Fran
58 TR3A
Somers, CT

===     http://www.vtr.org