Re: [TR] RE: Triumph article in "Automotive News

To: "Lanoway, Brian" <Brian_Lanoway@standardaero.com>,
Subject: Re: [TR] RE: Triumph article in "Automotive News
From: pethier@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2006 14:22:12 +0000
> Besides the street names reflecting the names of Triumph cars, the site is
> also commemorated by a rather small stainless steel plaque on a pedestal
> placed on a sidewalk - listing all the names of the Triumph clubs who
> contributed towards its placement - my local Manitoba club is listed on the
> plaque.

As is Minnesota Triumphs.

I can't take any credit for that, of course.  It was done before year 2000 when
I joined the club.

John Kallaus of our club made the pilgrimage recently and photographed it.
John is involved in a similar thing now.  He works at the  Ford Twin Cities
assembly plant, due to close soon after building cars and trucks in Saint Paul
since 1925.  We have Ford Parkway.  Dunno if there will be a plaque.

Phil Ethier  West Side  Saint Paul Minnesota  USA
1962 Triumph TR4 CT2846L, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1993 Suburban,
1994 Miata C package
pethier [at] comcast [dot] net    http://forum.mnautox.com/forums/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pethier
I decry the textmessagization of the American-English language.

===     http://www.vtr.org