Re: [TR] RE: Triumph article in "Automotive News

To: "Lanoway, Brian" <Brian_Lanoway@standardaero.com>,
Subject: Re: [TR] RE: Triumph article in "Automotive News
From: "fred thomas" <frede.thomas2@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2006 10:51:42 -0400
There's little physical evidence of the factory anywhere and
> the only building still standing is the Standard Triumph Worker's Social
> Club
> - or union hall,
2 years ago while in Coventry Ronnie Babbitt, Tom Fansher and myself entered
the Social club byknocking on the door, we met about 5 retired career
Standard workers having a pint and I also came away with a monogramed shirt
from the club, very neat little place. John MacCartney drove the three of us
all over the back roads and hills where Standard had their test tracks when
taking a tour with JonMac you get a complete history of the area as he is
very well acquainted whith history dating back many centuries, and what a 2
day sightseeing  event this was with Jonmac, one you will never find in
history books or guided tours, he is fantastic.  "FT"

===     http://www.vtr.org