RE: [TR] TRF Summer Party

To: <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] TRF Summer Party
From: "Blake J. Discher" <bdischer@blakedischer.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2006 08:47:05 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: McGaheyRx@aol.com [mailto:McGaheyRx@aol.com]
Sent: Friday, July 07, 2006 10:42 PM
I have no idea why you'd hold that opinion - I've never been to a TRA, but
VTR Convention isn't all about the concours - its about spending 4  days
spent driving your car and hanging out with other Triumph people from all
over.

Hi Jack and all...

Last year in Rockford I walked around taking pictures for the Blog I started
on the VTR website.  So I get to Rockford Speedway, guys are in the car
preparation area emptying their trunks, tweaking this and that, and I come
upon a guy with a beautiful pimento TR6 who's removing his street tires and
putting on racing tires!  Next, he's under the car, getting dirty, doing
something there as well. I'm thinking two things: one, this is definitely a
photo opportunity, and two, this guy is hardcore into autocross; I don't
stand a chance against this dude.  I introduce myself, and it's Jack!

So for Jack (and a bunch of equally hardcore racing guys I met that day),
I'd say a VTR convention is about AUTOCROSS!

The photo is the fourth one down in the "Autocross Action" entry:
<http://www.vtr.org/blog/blog-archives/2005/07/index.html>.

See y'all in Texas at VTR and in Armaugh for TRF-SP.

Cheers,
Blake Discher
We're at it again!  Fifty British car owners will be driving their vintage
British cars through Ohio, West Virginia and Kentucky, in the 2006 America's
British Reliability Run to raise money for kids with diabetes.  Please visit
<http://abrr.org/> to learn more about the run. Thank you!

===     http://www.vtr.org