RE: [TR] coolant, drive train, gearshift, sequencing ?'s

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] coolant, drive train, gearshift, sequencing ?'s
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 22:00:26 -0700
> It wouldn't suprise me if Paul has a TR4 lever in his TR3, since he has a
> TR4 motor etc.  Those are much taller levers than the original ones for the
> sidescreen cars.

That's true, but they are also canted backwards (while the TR2/3 lever is
straight).  I ran a TR4 shift lever on a TR3A for some years, and it did not hit
the dashboard even with a push/pull switch tie-wrapped to it just below the
knob.  However, other Triumphs also had different levers, so perhaps others
(like a TR4A lever) do hit.

Unless of course it got installed backwards somehow.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org