[TR] TR3 Brake caliper dust cover installation

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] TR3 Brake caliper dust cover installation
From: cfisher@borgwarner.com
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 08:02:13 -0500
List, I'm sorry because I know this has been explained a million times.
Unfortunately my search of the archives was surprisingly fruitless.

I'm putting a new rebuild kit and pistons in my TR3A brake calipers. I put
in the seal and pushed the piston in to place. Then I pushed the new dust
cover over the piston and tried working it into the groove in the caliper. I
could get it in most, but not all the way around. Gave up after 45 minutes.
I recall hearing about compressed air being used to help this operation I
think, but can't figure how that is going to help.

Would some kind soul repeat the procedure yet once again, please?

Cheers,
Curt
1959 TR3A- just weeks from it's first drive!
Spec Racer Ford
2003 MINI Cooper
1960 Bugeye Vintage race car & 1275 FOR SALE

"Racing - only this one holy medium gives me piece of mind"

===     http://www.vtr.org