[TR] Engine

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Engine
From: "Terry Smith" <terryrs@adelphia.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 20:10:55 -0400
Hello, everyone.

Tried starting the TR3A (three year restoration, engine hadn't started since
1975).  Cranked without the plugs for a minute.  Reattached the plugs.
Cranked the engine a few times, no spark.  Checked the breaker points; seemed
way too tight, so spread and gapped to .015.  Cranked again, and ...voooooom.
Idled nice at 1400 with the choke out, so let it continue for twenty minutes.
Oil pressure shot up to 70 pounds and stayed there, unless I gassed it to 18
to 1900, then got 80 pounds.

Things are working right.  Something must be wrong!

Maybe I can drive it to Stowe, VT.  Should I put the seats in it first?

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A TS 58667
New Hampshire (Man, I love a car with an ignition switch!)

===     http://www.vtr.org