Re: [TR] nyloc nuts

To: jrmcarthur@verizon.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] nyloc nuts
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 13:27:49 EDT
In a message dated 7/14/2006 10:03:24 AM Central Standard Time,
jrmcarthur@verizon.net writes:
>         A ruling is requested from the collective wisdom. Should nyloc nuts
> be re-used? I have no idea whether they have been recycled before. Can they
> be re-used, and if so, how many times before they lose their locking
> ability? As always, thanks to all!....

I guess that depends on the critical nature of the application.  If it comes
off will you die?  If the answer is yes then don't reuse.  If the result is
merely a nuisance then go ahead and reuse.

I have reused many a nylock nut with no problems but my lawyer advises me to
advise that you replace you nylock nuts with each use.

Dave

===     http://www.vtr.org