RE: [TR] Do Rotors Really Fail?

To: <MMoore8425@aol.com>, <foxtrapper@ispwest.com>,
Subject: RE: [TR] Do Rotors Really Fail?
From: "Rarebits" <bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 13:47:51 +0100

The quality of currently available rotor arms is certainly questionable.
Before anyone suggests buying those from a specific manufacturer, they all
come from the same source, irrespective of what label is on the package.
Lucas no longer make rotor arms for "our" cars, they buy and repackage the
same product as everyone else. If you can find original quality Lucas, with
the brand name moulded into the plastic, then do so as they are the best you
will find.
Having said that, I have never had one fail in any of my cars. I have kept
my ignition systems standard and in good order. Damaged leads can cause
rotor failure, high power coils and electronic ignition also stress an
already weak component,
Cheers,
Bill.

Rarebits4classics