[TR] Do Rotors Really Fail?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Do Rotors Really Fail?
From: "Bob Danielson" <75TR6@tr6.danielsonfamily.org>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 11:56:49 -0400
Do rotors really fail or does the contact point just get worn to where it no
longer makes good contact? It looks like it just a metal strip embedded in a
plastic housing that has to maintain contact at two points (top & end). Or
are we saying that some of them were/are manufactured to the wrong
tolerances so they don't work correctly right out of the box? Just a curious
question from a non techie. I figure that condensers really do fail because
there's some sort of electronic voodoo going on in the metal case that's
only Randall and a few other guys really understand! ;-)

Bob Danielson
1975 TR6
http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org