Re: [TR] Houston update

To: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Houston update
From: "Eureka Saws Co, Inc." <ambritts@ptdprolog.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 17:47:16 -0400
Well, I thought I had the ammeter wired the opposite of the original owner.
He must have reversed it. With the key on and the park lights on it
registered positive. I reversed the two spade connectors on the back of the
ammeter and it reads slightly negative now. When the blinkers are on it
bolts to the negative side. :o) The light is still on the dash. The
generator is an NOS one. Probably out of the same lot as the NOS water
gauge. I'll try tightening the belt a little. Could be the same effect as
the no gas in the gas tank so no reading on the gauge. I thought I had read,
that the generators charge very little at idle???? This one so far does not
move anywhere near positive or even move at all. According to the manual, if
I pull the two harness wires off the generator and connect them together,
hook a lead to a volt meter and to one of the spade connectors on the
generator and the other to ground I should get some kind of reading. Maybe
tomorrow for that one. 94 degrees and 1000% humidity, this old budda needs
to hang it up for today. I think I will just move to the hospital room now
and bring the water gauge and ether and repair it there. That will at least
save me an emergency ambulance ride. Till later.
Alex