RE: [TR] Monza vs. Falcon exhaust systems for a TR3 lady

To: dicksonr@uwm.edu
Subject: RE: [TR] Monza vs. Falcon exhaust systems for a TR3 lady
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 17:29:27 -0700
> I have installed the "Bell" stainless system on my TR4 project. THe
> installation is just as advertised.. a perfect fit and the price was $225 +
> shipping.

FWIW, I took my TR3A to the local independent muffler shop for a new muffler.
Total cost was under $100 and I never got under the car.

> According to Bell, their system is 100 % stainless not like the
> falcon which is just stainless on the outside, the internals are not
> stainless they say...

Since leaded fuel is a thing of the past, mild steel lasts much longer than it
did before.  The stock mufflers that were pulled off my TR3A were some 15 years
old, and the only thing wrong with them was that all the fiberglass packing had
blown out.  They weren't rotted out.

The new system is probably a bit louder than stock, but it sounds very good to
me (and much quieter than the old, blown mufflers).  I like it when people ask
me if that's a V8 ...

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org