Re: [TR] 123 Electronic Distributors

To: "BobDanielson" <75tr6@tr6.danielsonfamily.org>,
Subject: Re: [TR] 123 Electronic Distributors
From: "Frenken, Eric" <efrenken@lctax.de>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 09:47:06 +0200
WARNING: this mail contains shameless promotion, so if you feel offended by
this hit DEL!

Bob and all,

I installed the 123ignition some month ago in my Austin Healey and the only
thing I can say is 'go for it'! Engine had never been running so smooth, gas
mileage and acceleration improved considerably. Plus now I trust that the
spark occurs when it should occur, spares (rotor and cap) are cheap (standard
Bosch items) and more important, reliable. Just change rotor and cap every
20,000 miles, that's it. Nevertheless, I keep a spare in my boot.

Tested the dizzy a week ago on a hot day (about 100 deg F here in Germany) in
a mountainous area and on the way back home on the highway with constant 90mph
(yeah, we're allowed to do that in Germany, but then gas is around 7.00 USD/US
gal here) and the engine didn't miss a beat.

No connection nor financial interest to the company, except - I sell these
dizzys   ;-)

Let me know, what you need and I'll give you a quote you won't be disappointed
about. Take the advantage and order more than 2 dizzys (friends, club, ...)
and I'll be able to offer the units far below normal selling price plus you
save on shipping.

Best regards

Eric Frenken
Heinsberg/Germany

www.brits-n-pieces.com

A few months ago someone posted an email about the 123 Distributor
(http://www.123ignition.nl/brand/Triumph.html) that is a drop in replacement
for the Lucas unit. The only problem was that it only worked with an
electronic Tach and not our mechanical ones. I emailed The Gauge Guys
(http://www.gaugeguys.com/) to see if anyone made an electronic tach to fit
a TR6 and they said that they can convert our mechanical tachs for
$225-$265. So now I'm curious if anyone has any experience with either the
123 Distributor or with The Guage Guys? Anyone ever convert their tach to
electronic?

Thanks

Bob Danielson
75 TR6  http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/x-pkcs7-signature which
had a name of smime.p7s]

===     http://www.vtr.org