Re: [TR] Paint removal help

To: sumton@sbcglobal.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Paint removal help
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 18:23:04 EDT
In a message dated 7/19/2006 2:10:37 PM Central Standard Time,
sumton@sbcglobal.net writes:
> there is a company in the dallas/fort worth area that does.
>
> www.metalrehab.com
>
> nfi
>

> >I doubt you will find anybody dipping using a solvent capable of removing
> >undercoating.  If you do let us know.

I checked their website and they say nothing about what they use (that site
is under construction).  Have you used them?  My guy says the DNR is watching
him closely and everything he does is water soluble.  He uses caustic to remove
paint and phosphoric acid to remove rust.  Neither does a decent job on
undercoat.

Of course, Dallas is a long way form Chattanooga.  But so is St. Louis.  Is
there anything in Atlanta?

Dave

===     http://www.vtr.org