[TR] to dissasemble or not

To: "TriumphList" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] to dissasemble or not
From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 18:14:21 -0400
I've got my TR3A's steering totally disassembled EXCEPT FOR the ROCKER ARM,
PEG, BOX, BRACKET, & DROP ARM (I have tried using average force but they just
won't come apart)!  Should I take a BFH and PBlaster to them?  Maybe the rapid
rat-tat-tat of a pneumatic hammer gently applied?
    I've temporarily reassembled all the steering back together, filled it
with oil and I can't tell if it's leaking any oil (although without
disassembling it both it's seal and bush were not replaced- but I've got
them).  Maybe what I'm assking is if anyone's sorry they ever took these units
apart or done damage to them?

    I'm kinda on a budget, some of this stuff must be 24 carat gold.  But yet,
I want to minimize oil on the driveway.
What would you do?

Thanks,
NBTDT, NDaTr Paul Dorsey