RE: [TR] to dissasemble or not

To: "TriumphList" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] to dissasemble or not
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 14:27:03 -0700
> I've got my TR3A's steering totally disassembled EXCEPT FOR the
> ROCKER ARM,
> PEG, BOX, BRACKET, & DROP ARM (I have tried using average force
> but they just
> won't come apart)!  Should I take a BFH and PBlaster to them?

The tool you need is called a Pitman Arm Puller.  For example,
http://www.otctools.com/products/detail.php?id=1824

Check at your local AutoZone, or Checker/Shucks/Kragen; chances are good
they will loan you one.  I was able to "make do" by adding side braces to my
big 2-arm puller, but I wouldn't recommend this to others.

You'll need to apply a BFH in combination with the puller, but try to be
sure the peg is not in contact with the worm when you do.  Otherwise the
force can damage the surface of the worm.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org