[TR] Wheel lugs needed

To: "TR List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Wheel lugs needed
From: "Jim Bauder" <jimbpps@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 14:22:08 -0700
I have a set of K&N 'Mag' wheels on my TR250. The lug nuts are chrome, use a
3/4 socket, use the heavy chrome washer to center the lug nut in the
recessed hole in the Mag, and they use the standard 7/16ths wheel stud. Most
of the lug nuts have surface rust so I would like to replace all 16 of them
with new set of bright, shiny lug buts. Unfortunately, I have been unable to
locate an exact replacement. One of the 'big 3' suppliers show them in their
catalog by a wheel similar to mine, at $7.50 each!! Pep Boys have similar
lug nuts in stock, but 13/16ths across the flats and their cost is around
$4.50 for a set of four! Much more reasonable. The 13/16ths will fit and
will work, however, I would prefer to use a 3/4 socket!

Does any one know of a source for these lug nuts? They are 1.5" High, with a
~.700" high by .600" diameter, non tapered shank. The washer is .980" OD by
.640" ID by .080" thick.

Thanks,

Jim
Jim Bauder