[TR] Trailers

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Trailers
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thfoot.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 19:56:58 +0100
Dear All,

Having recently acquired a 2500S Estate complete with tow-bar, I am
seriously considering buying some sort of trailer that would allow me to
transport non-running cars (of which I have a couple already!).   I have
been scouring eBay for ideas, and have found the following types:

1. Single-axle "car dolly" - basically a "T" with a pair of wheels on
it; some of them knock down to a size that could be carried in the back
of an estate car (and, perhaps more importantly, could be stored in
minimal space).   Despite the obvious advantages, this looks like a
risky way of transporting a car to me - has anyone any experience of
these things?

2. Huge, twin axle, flat-bed, low-loader, complete with brakes.   Looks
like the professional answer, but there is no way I could store such a
beast.

Is there anything in between?   There are a lot of "motorcycle trailers"
out there, which are small, lightweight, easily up-ended for storage,
and look to be a safe method of transporting bikes, but they are neither
big enough nor strong enough to carry a car.

Thanks in advance for your learned advice.

ATB
--
Mike
Ellie  - 1963 White Triumph Herald 1200 Convertible GA125624 CV

===     http://www.vtr.org