RE: [TR] Re: Triumphtune covers

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] Re: Triumphtune covers
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 14:53:18 -0700
> The factory used a product called Wellseal as a general gasket jointing
> compound. It's still available off the net on both sides of the
> pond. For UK
> users, click on
> http://www.burtonbikebits.net/jointing_compound.htm
>
> For North America
> http://www.pegasusautoracing.com/productselection.asp?Product=3304

Genuine Wellseal is also available from TRF, for about 1/3 less than Pegasus
charges.  Go to
https://secure.zeni.net/trf/
and search for a description of "wellseal".

FWIW (not much), I've always used Permatex #3 "Aviation Form-a-Gasket" to
glue cork gaskets to the rocker cover.  Seems to work well for me, once it
dry it's strong enough to hold the gasket against shrinking.  Bit of a pain
to clean up once you decide to replace the gasket though.  I've also used it
to glue "O-ring" type seals into their grooves.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org