[TR] ebay buyer protection

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] ebay buyer protection
From: "Alan Salvatore" <6parts@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 18:13:49 -0400
Question:

Has anyone purchased a vehicle on ebay and used the buyer protection plan.

I have a "gentleman"  that is using it to sell me a car and I got an invoice
and was directing me to send a deposit to a 3rd party (which would be ok ) but
they don't provide a phone # for the 3rd party, but the real kicker is that
the deposit has to be sent by western union,  rather than pay pal, which I
would assume would be ebays normal means of transfer.  So I am keeping my
money and opting not to participate..

I have emailed Ebay  my concerns, but as yet haven't had a reply.

Al Salvatore

===     http://www.vtr.org