RE: [TR] OIL LINE FROM FILTER TO GAUGE

To: "Tony and Jeanne" <whosgoofy@adelphia.net>,
Subject: RE: [TR] OIL LINE FROM FILTER TO GAUGE
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 17:03:55 -0700
> Can anyone tell me if the stud on the oil filter that connects to the
> oil pressure gauge is drilled or something of a special stud?

Nope, the stud itself is perfectly ordinary.

> I guess I'm trying to figure out how the oil pressure gets around the
> stud to feed the banjo fitting.

On my older filter heads, there is actually a groove in that hole to pass
the oil.  I'm not sure if the groove is still in the later heads, but even
without it, there would be enough clearance around the stud to pass oil to
the gauge.  Remember there is essentially no flow involved, so the hole
doesn't have to be very big.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org