[TR] TR4 Handbrake

To: "'Triumph List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] TR4 Handbrake
From: "isharkey" <isharkey@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 11:47:39 -0400
I am cleaning/inspecting/repairing/replacing anything that might prevent the
"barn find" from stopping once I get it going. I am now into the handbrake
and all is coming apart nicely. However, the cable compensator has got me
puzzled.

Firstly, should it swivel horizontally AND rotationally? The forward zerk
fitting and grease seal suggests that it should, but it only moves
horizontally. Also, it looks like you should be able to remove it, but I
have to admit to being stumped as to how? Any light on this would be
appreciated.

Thanks
Ian

62 TR4