Re: [TR] TR3A Tranny Removal

To: Dave1massey@cs.com, Kinderlehrer@comcast.net,
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3A Tranny Removal
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 08:17:52 EDT
In a message dated 7/27/2006 7:14:20 AM Central Standard Time, Dave1massey
writes:
>> >2)  disconnect the driveline
>> >3)  disconnect the speedometer cable
>> >4)  unbolt the bell housing
>> >5)  unbolt the tranny crossmember
>> >6)  pull back and drop down the tranny from below,without removing the
>> >engine
>> >and all that that entails?
>>
>> This is what I did through #4. Then I (well it was more like half the club)
>>
>> removed the slave cylinder, unbolted the rear mount from the cross member
>> and lifted it out through the passenger compartment.  When you get it out,
>> you may find that the cross shaft pin is broken.
>>
> Don't forget "Remove the seats."  You can get by removing one but I always
> remove both.  The transmission is heavy enough I don't want to work around
>any
> unnecessary obstructions.
>
> Dave

P.S. Before you do that check the adjustment of the slave cylinder push rod.
It might be a simple matter of the clutch not fully engaging.  There should
be a bit of play in the rod if you pull against the spring.  If it is tight,
loosen the lock nut and screw the rod into the clevis until you do.

Check the easy stuff first.

Dave

===     http://www.vtr.org