Re: [TR] Euro Fest at BMW Factory

To: jholekamp@sbcglobal.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Euro Fest at BMW Factory
From: McGaheyRx@aol.com
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 22:33:08 EDT
In a message dated 7/28/2006 4:45:51 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
jholekamp@sbcglobal.net writes:

Although  it's early, I'm thinking about driving to South Carolina in
late Oct to  attend the Eurofest at the BMW Factory in Greer, SC.
Triumph is the  featured marque this year. Anyone else going to be there?
Any comment  about previous years?

I'll be there, as will many other Triumph Club of the Carolinas members.  Its
only 100 miles or so for us, so my wife and I will each drive a Triumph
over.
I've missed the last year or 2, but have been to Euro several times. Its a
first class event. You'll get to see lots of stuff you won't see anywhere else,
 you'll get to talk to lots of rare and exotic car owners and owners and
drivers of lots of rare and exotic cars and find out they're all car guys  and
gals just like us.
Get there early enough on Friday to take the factory tour (its worth  it) and
take a leisurely look thru the BMW museum on site - there will be  so much to
look at outside on Saturday, that you won't go in there  much then.
Book your room at the host hotel now - its the nicest place you'll  ever stay
for $89 a nite.
For a reasonable fee (which goes to the Red Cross) you can walk over to
another lot on site Sat and thrash a new Z4 as hard as you want around an
autocross set up by the South Carolina Region SCCA. For doing that, they (SC
region
SCCA) get to run another auotx on the same lot on Sunday which you are
welcome to participate in. If you don't have time for that, the rally on Sun am
 is
always good - there are LOTS of good twisty, scenic, sports car roads in the
area and you can hit the road home right after a nice lunch.
WARNING: Denise McCluggage will probably be there again and BMW will
probably give her a Z4 to drive in the rally again and she will need a
navigator
because no one who has done it before will ever do it again. If anybody asks
you
to navigate for her DON'T DO IT unless you are unusually hard to scare and
like  navigating at triple digit speeds and you are well insured and all your
affairs  are in order for your heirs. (this advice comes from a friend of mine
who  navigated for her last year)
The welcome party and the banquet are the nicest of any car event you've
been to (unless maybe you've been to Pebble Beach or Amelia Island) but they're

just as casual as your Triumph Club events. I've heard Janet Guthrie will be a
 great banquet speaker.
My wife, Caroline, LOVES Euro and I suspect others will too - its got
something for everybody - and this year WE, Triumph,  are the featured  marque
so
this thing is for US.
Be there if you possibly can be!
Cheers
Jack Mc

PS. Featured marque for this event is chosen by BMW and the Euro board  Pres.
Mini was the featured marque the year BMW rolled out the new Mini and  Rolls
Royce was the featured marque the year BMW rolled out the first Rolls made
under BMW ownership. But, I personally don't believe any of those rumors  about
a Triumph announcement this year.

===     http://www.vtr.org