Re: [TR] Ken Richardson Award

To: TR250Driver@aol.com, jimbpps@cox.net, Dave1massey@cs.com,
Subject: Re: [TR] Ken Richardson Award
From: McGaheyRx@aol.com
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 15:34:53 EDT
In a message dated 7/29/2006 7:56:14 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
TR250Driver@aol.com writes:

In a  message dated 7/25/2006 6:40:17 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jimbpps@cox.net writes:

I'll  bite, what is the Ken Richardson  Award. I of course know who Ken was,
but  not the  award!

Jim,
The Durand Cup which is awarded at the VTR  National as the Ken Richardson
Challenge Trophy is awarded to the  TR2 Thru TR3B models for the participant
who
enters his or her car  in both "Speed" and "Concours" events. Points are
given for  participation and placement in the Autocross (60%) and Concours
(40%).
If needed the TSD Rallye is used as a tie breaker. That is it  in a  nutshell
Hope this helps,

Its also worth mentioning that the actual Durand cup is the actual team
trophy awarded Triumph at Le Mans, donated to VTR by Ken Richardson for use in
this manner. The winner gets to keep the actual Durand Cup overnight at the
convention. Very cool!
makes me wish i had a side-screen car!

Cheers
Jack Mc